Submission deadline: Wednesday, November 26, 2014
You’re already reading, discussing, and writing about Dakota: a Spiritual Geography by Kathleen Norris, this year’s Campus Read selection. Shape up those ideas and submit an essay to the Campus Read Essay contest.
Full-time students with the winning essay will be awarded a $500 tuition scholarship from the BSC Foundation for the Spring 2015 semester. Part-time or dual credit students will be awarded up to three credits of scholarship funds.
- Submit your best work of 600 words or more.
- The topic for your essay may be anything related to your consideration of the selection.
- The essay may be a critical response to the book or a narrative essay relating your own experiences that relate to the theme of the book.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative with other ideas.
- Quoted, paraphrased, or summarized material must be correctly cited (any recognized format accepted).
- The essay must be typed.
- Include a cover page with your name, student ID number, address, phone number, and email address.
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will not be considered.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, November 26, 2014. Essays may be submitted electronically as an attachment and emailed to Michael.Tomanek@bismarckstate.edu.
The winning essay will be published in the Mystician and Figments of Imagination.