Submit an essay to the Campus Read Essay Contest and you could be looking at a $250 tuitionscholarship for the Fall 2017 semester!
You're already reading, discussing, and writing about the Campus Read selection, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Take those ideas and turn them into a contest-worthy essay.
- Submit your best work of 600 words or more.
- Your essay topic may be anything related to your consideration of Ernest Cline's Ready Player One
- Your essay may be a critical response to the book or a narrative essay relating your own experiences that relate to the theme of the book.
- Don't be afraid to be creative with other ideas.
- Quoted, paraphrased, or summarized material must be correctly cited (any recognized format is acceptable)
- Your essay must be typed.
- Include a cover page with your name, student ID number, address, phone number, and email address.
- Essays may be submitted electronically as an attachment and emailed to email@example.com
- Submission deadline: Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will not be considered.
Essays will be judged anonymously by a committee of BSC staff, faculty, and administration members.
Prize: A full-time student with the winning essay will be awarded a $250 tuition scholarship from the BSC Foundation for the Fall 2017 semester. Part-time or dual credit students will be awarded up to three credits of scholarship funds.
Eligibility: To be eligible to win, you must be enrolled in BSC in Fall 2017. Students who are enrolled at other colleges but attending classes on the BSC campus are not eligible.
What are you waiting for? Write ... now.